Halls Head College is one of few schools in Western Australia endorsed by Netball WA. This program provides a unique experience for students to combine and build on their academic achievement and sporting excellence. The program includes:
- 4 hours per week developing students skills, fitness & game sense
- 1 theoretical health lesson focusing on creating a holistic athlete
- Targeted academic curriculum leading into a Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- Opportunities to compete in intra and interschool competitions within the Peel district
- Opportunities to complete in School Sport Western Australia competitions at Zone, Region and State level.
- Fitness assessment and individual tailored feedback
- Strength and conditioning Programs
- Exposure to elite athletes in association to West Coast Fever
Netball WA Endorsement
Our Netball Program at Halls Head College is a Tier 2 Netball WA endorsed program. This means the school works in collaboration with Netball WA to develop a Netball Program in line with the Netball Australia’s Long Term Athlete Development Plan. At Halls Head College we focus on developing holistic athletes with an aim to encourage athletes to engage in a healthy, active lifestyle within the community. The program provides students with the opportunity to develop and improve their netball skills, game sense, fitness, umpiring, managing & coaching abilities.
Enrolment and Trials
Students who wish to apply for this competitive program will need to identify their interest when completing the school application. In order to be selected in the Netball program students will need to take part in a Netball trial in Year 6. Top Up testing is available for all new enrolments years 7-10.
2021 Year 6 Trial Date: TBC
2021 Specialist Program Applications Close December 2021