Halls Head College boasts sporting facilities second to none in the Mandurah Area. Our Targeted Sports Program is available from Year 8–10; it is an elite program that students must apply for and places are limited. The following sports have operational programs currently: Australian Rules Football, Basketball, Netball and Soccer.
Our Targeted Sports Program provides students who excel in particular sports with:
- Additional time to develop leadership skills and sporting prowess;
- A high standard of coaching and an academic framework that enables them to reach both their academic and sporting goals;
- Partnerships with the elite sporting community;
- Opportunities to fine tune their skills, understandings and game performance;
- A foundation in Lower School that can link with both University and TAFE pathways in Sports Science and related areas in Senior School;
- Opportunities to develop their fitness and love of a sport in the school arena.
Student selection for this program is dependent on:
- An ability, interest and potential in the nominated sport;
- A recognisable commitment to school studies and academic performance;
- An excellent record of school conduct and attendance.
Additional fees apply to this course.