Central to improvement is putting students first and, as we move into a new era, we need to ensure that changes result in improved classroom instruction and the quality of student learning.
Through our motto of Learning for Life we aim to provide an environment that values cultural differences, promotes a love of learning and empowers students to make a positive contribution to our world.
All members of our college community are asked to share, model and promote our values of:
OUR FOCUS AREAS
Our Strategic Priorities for 2015-2017 underpin each focus area in keeping with the Director General’s Classroom First strategy. Our focus areas are:
- Enabling Students for Life
- Inspiring Innovative Learning
- Living Our Values
- Creating Community Connections
- The percentage of students who attend regularly to be increased to 50% or above by the end of 2017.
- Results of the Parent Survey categories of “My child is making good progress in this school” and “I would recommend this school to others” are increased to a rating of 4 or above by 2017.
- Improve % of intake from feeder primary schools that demonstrates more students are choosing Halls Head College over other private and state options.
- By 2017, increase to 20% the number of students who make high to very high progress in all NAPLAN assessment areas.
- By 2017, the % of first preference acceptances at post school destinations has increased by at least 5%.
- Reduce the number of suspensions in categories 2 and 3 by 20% by 2017.
- Improve survey responses in relation to feeling positive and being supported – indicated by staff and students.