Workplace Learning Opportunity
Crown Perth: Kitchen Operations
Would you like to work in a large industry standard kitchen environment?
Every year Crown Perth offers this opportunity to students in all secondary schools. They are committed to developing the skills, knowledge and understandings of students who may be considering working in the hospitality industry as a career pathway.
Students doing workplace learning in 2017 with a developing interest in food preparation, cooking and hospitality are invited to apply for the opportunity to be placed at Crown Perth.
This experience will help you to make an informed decision about whether or not this area of Hospitality is a good fit for you.
How to Apply
If you are interested you will need to complete an Application Form and prepare a Resume.
1. See Training Pathways staff and ask for an Application Form.
2. Complete the Application Form. Make sure you include a colour photo.
3. Identify the days and dates you wish to be placed and shade them on the calendar.
4. Prepare your resume.
5. Return your application and resume to your school contact.
6. Complete the necessary Work Health and Safety requirements – Worksafe Smart Move Certificates (General and Hospitality)
7. Read the important information in the Crown Placements Information Sheet (these will be forwarded to successful students).
8. Attend the induction to be held at Crown Perth on Thursday 8th June 2017.
9. Commence your work placement.
10. Your school workplace learning coordinator will organise supervisory visits while you are completing your placement.
• Bus and rail transport is available.
• Uniforms such as apron, jacket, hat and neckerchief will be supplied.
• Students must supply their own black pants and steel capped boots. You should be able to purchase basic boots for around $50.
For all enquiries contact Megan Falconer on 62062010 or email Megan.Falconer@education.wa.edu.au. Please do not contact Crown Perth.
Try a Trade Program
Construction Training Fund (CTF) & South Metropolitan TAFE in partnership are proud to offer a hands on three day intensive course in basic Bricklaying, Floor Tiling, Painting & Decorating, Carpentry & Joinery and Wall and Ceiling for secondary school students interested in a career in the building and construction industry.
This Program is fully funded by CTF and there will be no tuition or material fees for secondary students.
Dates commencing from 15th March.
|Course Name||Date commencing||End Date||Start Time||Finish Time||Campus|
|Carpentry & Joinery / Floor Tiling||15th March||17th March||8:00am||3:00pm||Rockingham Campus|
|Brick & Block / Carpentry & Joinery||15th March||17th March||8:00am||3:00pm||Rockingham Campus|
|Brick & Block / Painting & Decorating||27th March||30th March||8:00am||3:00pm||Thornlie Campus|
|Carpentry & Joinery / Floor Tiling||26th April||28th April||8:00am||3:00pm||Rockingham Campus|
|Wall & Ceiling / Carpentry & Joinery||26th April||28th April||8:00am||3:00pm||Rockingham Campus|
|Brick & Block / Carpentry & Joinery||16th May||18th May||8:00am||3:00pm||Thornlie Campus|
|Carpentry & Joinery/ Painting & Decorating||23rd May||25th May||8:00am||3:00pm||Thornlie Campus|
We invite all interested students to come to Training Pathways for an application form and register their interest.
no images were found